dinsdag

Clearing out my closet, clearing my head.

Yesterday, I decided to clean out my closet…well actually I still have one closet at my parent’s home, and this particular closet needed some reviewing. The stuff in there is, my best estimate, from around the late nineties. Is that old enough to be vintage?

Anyways, I did find some hidden treasures, some great carnival outfits and some stuff that is ok, but just does not fit anymore or is not ‘me’ anymore. So I decided to take this project seriously and to also sign up for a flee market begin September to get rid of the numerous things that have been lying there for years. Date and location will surely follow.

So I promised this would not become a blog about cleaning etc. (see very first post of my blog) but I have to say, sometimes, I just love the process of a cleaning day. You start from scratch, then you go through complete chaos. Then there's a phase where you laugh trying on ridiculous clothes thinking you might have had temporary insanity while buying them.
(What’s that saying: fashion fades, style remains? Well my nineties style is not ‘remain’ proof I can tell you that!) And then finally: in the chaos, you create order.

I love it…It seems like my head is cleared too. Time to fill the closet with new stuff.I'll keep you posted...

Below some pictures of fashion finds including a MaxMara dress my sister wore to her first prom (woehoe it fits me!) a jeans that was transformed into shorts yesterday and a Chine dress that boehoe does not fit me anymore (unless I go to a party and I hold my breath the entire time, i'm seriously considering this option)








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten