woensdag

To wear or not to wear those heels?

What is it about heels ? Honestly? They’re mostly: painful, expensive (often), and tend to fall apart which means you have to run to the shoemaker every week. Let’s face it… that simply does not happen with a pair of Birkenstocks.

I have several pairs of shoes which I like to call : my dining out shoes. They are gorgeous, but not comfy, at aaall. I can make it from the car to the restaurant and perhaps even to the bar next to the restaurant (if there are seats available…). But that is just as far as the night can go.

It’s a hate-love relation. Because on the other hand, nothing makes you feel quite as elegant or feminine as a nice pair of high heels. You will believe my discomfort when I stumbled across a study (side comment: can you believe it’s actually somebody’s job to study this? Really?) that claims that men don’t even notice if a women wears heels or not. I am taking the liberty to quote:
‘A study is looking at women between 18 and 35 and what signals are sent out when the they walk with and without heels. Male observers in the experiment cannot tell which figures are wearing heels.’

I find that very arguable! While wearing heels you just walk another walk …it does feel different. I’m thinking it’s the men…as a result I suggest the researcher repeat the experiment with female observers. A whole different study I predict.

In the meantime we will keep searching for the ultimate heels…some suggestions for Autumn 2010.


.
Dries Van Noten,my favorites... too pretty… These shoes are a reason to go out dining.



Lanvin...ultimate elegancy



Cuties from Tabitha Simmons



Lovely pumps from Elizabeth and James



Fendi's gothic romans, more of a risk but actually very wearable if you just go for it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten