vrijdag

Redecorating : part 2

If I say I'm redecorating...I seriously mean I'm R.E.D.E.C.O.R.A.T.I.N.G.

Now, what else to do in a long rainy weekend than repaint?

Curious how this went?

First, I made best friends with the guy behind the 'information' counter at the local handy store. After some good advice, a quick choice of the paint color (the shop was closing, oops) and a full trunk: it was up to me to make this redecorating thing work. Otherwise, I would now surely be suffering from marital crisis number 1...(as mentioned in previous post: hubbie is not too much in favor of the whole redecorating project)

Then, I looked up some 'how to' videos on youtube. Very handy indeed. I wonder how people in the old days (old being before the youtube era) managed to know how to do anything...

Then, we moved the furniture out of the bedroom for a few nights of camping in the living room. As I mentioned hubbie's reluctance towards this project, you can just imagine how moving the extremely heavy mattress went…Marital crisis status: building up.

Afterwards, it was time for some action. I cleaned the walls, installed tape and painted the day away with some good tunes on the background (very important to swing the brush according to the rhythm of the music) and then …I saw I did a pretty good job…

In my dreams, my bedroom looks like the picture below.



In reality it now looks like this. Which is not too bad.
Marital crisis status? Crisis avoided. Now all I need is a new project. All ideas welcome...





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten