zondag

Martin Margiela for H&M

So, let’s talk Martin Margiela. I am just going to say it as it is. I do.not.like.his.clothes. There. I’ve said it.

Fashion lovers will say I simply don’t understand his idea of fashion, and you know what? They would be right: I don’t get it. Why in heavens name would I voluntary want to look like a garbage bag? Even if it goes by the name of ‘structural and abstract’ fashion.

And don’t even get me going about his statement ‘spread toe’ shoes. I will not nor will I ever pay that much money for shoes that make me look like a hobbit.

Now, on the bright side, his collection for H&M (though still featuring loads of clothes I cannot describe otherwise than weird) had some rather good pieces. And some celebrities really managed to make it work. Then again some people can make anything work. Damn you Helena.

One small comment, does anybody else notice how SJP's hand is missing in the picture? I just wonder if that would be part of the campagne? Since the advertising really reminds me of the horror pic 'birds', I would not be amazed... crazy fashion people.















































Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten